Today it is necessary to apply direct tools able to demonstrate credibility and reduce the decision time. Find out why.
Below I describe the processes that normally precede or follow the hiring of a new employee.
“Standard Curriculum Vitae” method.
- The need arises for a new employee in the company department.
- This need matures over time as it moves up the corporate hierarchy.
- After some time the request reaches the General Manager.
- After verifying the actual need, the General Manager decides to proceed.
- The General Manager informs the Human Resources Department.
- The Human Resources Department prepares the list of characteristics and sends it to the selected company.
- The Selection Company prepares the text and publishes it on one or more job vacancy sites.
- The advertisement is intercepted by the various job search engines that propagate it to partner sites.
- Other search engines intercept the ad on these sites and propagate it elsewhere.
- Other job vacancy sites contact the Recruiting Company to post the same ad at no cost but with slightly different text.
- The modified advertisement (but always referring to the same job position) is intercepted by the various job search engines that propagate it to partner sites.
- You submit your Curriculum Vitae to one of the job posting sites.
- The job offer site sends your Curriculum Vitae (along with thousands of others) to the selected company.
- The Selection Company extracts only a small part (usually the first Curriculum Vitae arrived) and starts selecting them.
- Search engines continue to recycle the job posting by updating publication dates.
- Another mountain of Curriculum Vitae arrives at job vacancy sites that trash them without forwarding them.
- The Selection Company only meets a small fraction of the candidates.
- The Selection Company rejects the unsuitable candidates (according to them).
- The selection company presents some candidates to the Human Resources Department.
- The Human Resources Office meets the candidates and presents (a few) to the General Manager.
- After meeting the candidates, the General Manager changes his mind on the characteristics and informs the Human Resources Department.
- The Human Resources Department prepares the new list of characteristics and sends it to the selected company.
Direct Interview Method.
- It doesn’t matter if a job advertisement has been published: you choose the best company and send your proposal according to the Direct Interview Method to the General Manager (or in any case to a person with decision-making power).
- The General Manager checks the compatibility of your features with his needs.
- If interested, the General Manager gets in touch with you.
- Meet the General Manager for a personal interview.
The Curriculum Vitae standard was born in a period in which companies had to manage less complexity and they had much more time for their activities. Now that things have changed a lot, it is evident how unsuitable this tool is.
The Direct Interview Method allows you to obtain quick results by highlighting your actual competence and credibility directly to the person to whom it is addressed.
- No intermediary filters.
- No endless waiting.
- No to be considered just one of many.
The CV to find work, to date, is an insufficient tool that risks creating barriers to entry based on prejudices such as graduation grade, university of origin, age. These are parameters that do not always correspond to the actual contribution that a resource can bring.
Has the Curriculum Vitae reached its end? Not yet, but if you want to prevent someone from “burning” your chances of being called for a job interview, you need to be able to use both tools.